Friday, January 6, 2012

Hershey Park Factory Review!

When Sean was going through the process of getting a job now that he finally graduated Anesthetist school we traveled to Hershey!  It was a pretty neat area - great grocery store (yeah I honestly went there to check it out just in case), lots of things to do, nice homes, easy to navigate.  BUT the favorite part was Hershey Park!  We were only there for 2 days and during the winter so we could not ride rides :(  I will go back though...  I will!  It really did smell like chocolate in front of the Factory Offices and the other factory places - I did not believe it at first!

We went on a neat little ride that was F-R-E-E and learned a lot about the production of their goods.  It was so cute! There were singing cows that sung a catchy tune, I still can hum it!  When finished with this you get a free sample of what they are currently making! Ours was the cookies and cream dots - yummy! 

My favorite part was making our own Chocolate Bars!  AMAZING!  
Here was the process from what I remember :)
1. Pay for it at the front entrance of Hershey World - worth the money!
2. Go back and put on your apron, hair net, and beard net (they were really funny) 
3. Watch a short video, listen to rules, see a GIANT hunk of chocolate that the factory does use. 
3. Pick your fillings - I think it was raspberries, caramel, nuts, sprinkles.... I forget the others. 
4. You can see the bottom of the candy bar - it was literally like a small container! 
5. The candy bar travels through the assembly line and the machines pour your personally picked ingredients in it. So neat to see it work in person. 
6. Watch it go through the melter where it gets COVERED in chocolate - you can pick white, dark, or milk. 
7. See it get heated/cooled on the assembly line. (forget what they called it... ?)
8. Pick your own packaging! You can make so many neat designs.  I went for a more classic look while Sean went bright and unique and evenly placed- Type A personality does that I guess ;) 
9. Watch the assembly line laser your name onto the box and close the tabs.
10. OoO La LA your candy bar is finished!  The factory worker packages it in your personalized box and into the silver tin to keep! 

So much fun!  I would love to do it again when we go back.  It also told you what your choices statistically were like compared to others. I think mine was 6% and Sean's was 2%.

Get to Hershey! So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...