Friday, March 9, 2012

Windy Hill Hardwoods - The Good!

First Impression
When you first walk into  Windy Hill Hardwoods you jump a little with their buzzer that alerts the workers a visitor has come. You are almost immediately greeted by someone and they show you around. 

We loved how the kitchens looked and I personally was excited because it seemed they knew their kitchens and everything.  Our rep built the kitchen for us in his computer program, much like the big box stores have.  It looked wonderful and the price was not that bad either - around 2K for 13 cabinets, including a huge pantry and Lazy Susan. We opted for the Oak Cabinets, which were really nice and ad little hand scoop like openers in the bottom and top of each cabinet so you do not need to add hardware. 

Cabinets: 
Wow - first thing that came out of my mouth I think.  Plus, they put a wine rack in the cabinets and I loved that! I found my dream kitchen, the white one below, and even facets that go with it!  The only downfall was granite is so expensive there and I can just get it at a discount granite store cheaper. 

Our salesman took us in back to see how easy it was to put the cabinets together, because my eventual Father in-law deals a lot with woodwork.  It looked extremely easy and we were excited until we spotted what the box stated - Made In China.  WHAT?  WHAT?  You have got to be kidding me! I thought the cabinets were made there because that is what their advertizing and marketing made me think.  That was a big let down ... but there had to be some catch if the price was not that bad.   Overall it was so simple to get all the paperwork finished and we left with a sense of accomplishment.  OR DID WE?  Check out The Bad and ugly parts of our trip to find out!


Below are a few pictures from their showroom




Favorite kitchen! Love the antiqued white color!






Chocolate Wood 
Very fancy too!

3 comments:

  1. I could live in that kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great looking kitchen! New GFC follower from SSS hop.

    http://www.housesbyshannon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beautiful!!! lovely kitchens!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...