Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Onion Crunch~Review

Before I had Boo, I hated onions.  I hated the smell, the taste and most of all slicing them. Then after I had her I suddenly realized that I love them.  I could seriously eat caramelized onions every day now.  I was really excited to get to try Loeb's Onion Crunch!      
Before I tell you about what I thought, here's a video:
When I first tried Onion Crunch I was surprised, it tasted like hard, crispy onion rings.  Very good!  I decided to to try one of the recipes off their website for baked chicken.  Usually baked "fried" chicken disappoints me because it is never actually crispy!  This recipe was super easy and best of all, tasty!  
Onion Crunchy® Chicken

2 tbsp all-purpose flour
4 (5 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 egg
2 cups Onion Crunch®
Directions
With rolling pin or wooden spoon lightly crush the Onion Crunch® and place in shallow bowl or waxed paper. Rinse chicken, pat dry and then dip into beaten egg; then coat with crushed Onion Crunch®. Place chicken on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.


I should have been more careful getting it out of the pan because I lost some of the breading.  But besides that, it was a hit!  The best part of Onion Crunch?  It's actually not bad for you! Onion Crunch in the only ALL Natural and Kosher (parve) Crispy Crunchy topping in the US.

Health Facts
0 grams of trans fat
0 grams of Cholesterol
Less than 1% Sodium
Less than 1% Carbohydrate


You can find out more on their website, Facebook and Twitter pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...