Thursday, May 31, 2012

Backyard Mystery



I was taking our dogs outside yesterday evening when I noticed that the landscaper cleared off a little slab of concrete.  There is a water spout a foot or so over, so I figured that was the reason for such a random placement of cement. Odd, but no biggie.  I stood outside with the dogs for another minute before heading inside.  As we were walking back into the house, I glanced at it and stopped in my tracks.  Wait, does that say "DIED" real big across it?  I let the dogs in and headed straight back out.  Yep, that's a grave an inch away from our house.  After I got over the initial creepiness, I began to wonder about poor Elijah Wakefield.  How did he end up here?  Is it an actual grave or just the gravestone?  Why in the heck did someone build a house literally adjacent to a gravestone?!


So now I need help. How do I find out more info?  Our local library is closed while it moves to it's new location.  As a lover of mysteries, I cannot possible just forget that I found it!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...