Friday, June 1, 2012

Out of the Woods: Healing Lyme Disease ~ Book


At the peak of her career, Classical Homeopath and health care columnist Katina Makris was stricken with a mysterious "flu". Only after five years of torment--two completely bedridden--and devastating blows to her professional and family life was Katina's illness finally diagnosed as Lyme Disease. But diagnosis was only the beginning of her journey toward healing.


Twenty thousand cases of Lyme Disease are reported annually, with thousands more still undiagnosed or mistreated due to faulty testing protocols. This infectious disease can create gaping physical, emotional, and spiritual wounds, leaving tens of thousands of people in progressive states of illness, collapse, and financial ruin. Yet, Katina Makris' vivid story offers practical information for diagnosing and treating the bacterial invasion, as well as powerful guidance for mending the broken spirit. Rooted in personal recovery experience, a deep understanding of alternative medicine, and a poetic connection to nature, Out of the Woods transcends the boundaries of any one disease to reaffirm the power of hope for anyone grappling with life-shattering chronic illness.


Lyme Disease? It is so easy to get and often not considered as a diagnosis!  As I read this book I continuously wondered why the doctors did not realize to check for Lyme Disease. It was not that long ago I read the newspaper and a local woman had Lyme Disease for 5 years as well!  I hope the author reads my review and contacts the lady, I am sure talking with her would be great support. 
Oct. 23, 2011 -- After five years of medical misdiagnoses, a host of tests and potent prescriptions, Donda Danforth finally found out what was making her life a living hell, Lyme disease. Her journey to a final diagnosis has been painful and expensive. She is angry it took so long, but she now has hope. Outwardly, the disease that ravages Danforth, 42, is only noticeable to those closest to her. The Greene County native now .. Observer Reporter


Katina I. Makris, CCH, CIH
Katina started the story out telling about her time with her family and as it turns out, the moment she 'caught' Lyme Disease.  She takes you through the ups and downs in her life, which consists of unkonwn problems, losing her ability to treat her patients, and a marriage that was deterriated.  Because her ex-husband was with her throughout most of her journey, I would love to know what his take on the entire ordeal was.  With so many misdiagnosis and assumptions going on, I wondered how many other people in the US have gone through this.  As we learn through the book, Lyme Disease takes everything you have to get better, including relationships.  I would recommend this book not just for information on Lyme Disease, but also for reading on personal journies.  


Blacklegged Tick http://ento.psu.edu/extension/factsheets/ticks


I live in an area where EVERYTHING is outside!  From when I was a little kid my grandma would always make us check one other and ourselves for ticks.  I absolutely hate them, but every time I am outside and come in I still do this - especially my hair!  I have always had longer blonde hair and it seems like it attracts them.  Yuck!  Be sure to visit www.outofthewoodsbook.com for more information on this! 



Visit her website to get a sample chapter to witness her ability to put such a difficult story in words.
But it here at Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...