Friday, June 29, 2012

Severed Threads

Romantic Suspense Novel by Kaylin McFarren:
Synopsis: Believing herself responsible for her fathers fatal diving accident, Rachel Lyons has withdrawn from the world and assumed a safe position at a foundation office. When called upon by a museum director to assist her former love interest with the recovery of a cursed relic from a sunken Chinese merchant ship, she has no intention of cooperating until her brother is kidnapped by a drug-dealing gangster. In order to save him and gain control over her life, Rachel must not only overcome her greatest fears, but also relive the circumstances that lead to her father s death.



This is a really long book.  I read really fast and breeze through a book if I like it, Severed Threads was no different!  I was hooked because my older brother is an Archeologist, sometimes he even brings back goodies from his digs!  This novel literally has you spell bounded from the very first chapter. I was instantly drawn into the book because I am an avid scuba diver.  McFarren uses descriptive words so well this story became clear in my mind as I was reading.  It included both suspense and romance, which would hook any person looking for a great summer read.  Rachel's dad died 4 years ago in a diving accident while looking for something .. that something being the same thing she must go after! The ship is supposedly cursed, yet Rachel believes deep down everything is hr fault, including her fathers death.  Something to sweeten the plot line was Chase.  I still do not know if I like him or hate him.  Another kicker is her brother is kidnapped!  McFarren adds suspense into the book like pouring gasoline into a fire.  This is a book that leaves every heart touched in some way, either through deception, love, or plain old insanity. 

1 comment:

  1. Delighted you loved the story! Although Amazon has it listed as released on July 1st (and requests to correct this have be made numerous times), Severed Threads will truly be available on July 15th in paperback and July 20th in eBook. I apologize to anyone who is trying to buy it right now or post a review. Patience, dear readers...I promise it will be worth the wait. And btw, two new books in the series are soon to come! All my best, Kaylin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...