Monday, February 13, 2012

Blaze of Glory -- Kindle Book Review -- Teen+


Blaze of Glory - M. Garzon

First, you should know that I am usually bias about books because I read so many of them, with my students and by myself.  Secondly, you need to know this book has caught the attention of the BIGWIGS at a TV station... I honestly hope that it makes it!  I would be really excited! and that is REALLY in big letters too!

First the positives about this book :)
It really enthralls the reader.  We see Tea for the strong independent young woman that she is.  Throughout the book I grew to love the  intrigue she added into the plot line.Tea and Jaden have such a strong character development I vividly saw their story play out in my mind.  The characters are so dynamic I can see their individual flaws, like the black specks in diamonds.  The author uses multiple strategies to entice the reader to follow the plot, linking it together, and seeing love develop as if we are in the story ourselves.  OK, I always tell my students to visualize what you read so I did completely.  I saw the entire story play out and was extremely sad when certain parts happened - I am trying so hard not to do a spoiler  - sorry Garzon! 

As for some other reviewers saying the parent needs to read it first, you don't.  It is the same type of "Romantic Entangles" that the Twilight book series has, so use your own judgment!  I honesty felt the "graphic details" as some reviewers call it were no worse than Twilight, but Garzon developed the characters unbelievably better than them if you can believe it! I am going to recommend this book on the feeling, the same one I did when I discovered Sookie Stackhouse, it will be a hit!.  OK parents who are reading, if you do want to do a form of censorship, well it happens around the 96% progress while reading on the Kindle and it is honestly not bad at all - extremely timid to what they hear in school (this is coming form a HS teacher, remember!)  By the way, I am against all forms of censorship with great books - especially Blaze of Glory. 

The author really makes the reader feel part of the scene - from the racetrack, on the farm, and dealing with teenage issues of love that we all faced or currently face.   The authors character development and plot line was so intense I had to make myself put the book down.  I wanted to know what was going to happen, was she really going to get in trouble, and why do they not want them to turn out like Jaden if he is so well off now?  Garzon cleared many of my questions up, except the big one that I can not say unless I spoil the book. I do hope she is going to write another one... hint hint.

Everything else...
I feel the cover could use a bit of updating.  I understand that the girl received her horse Blaze when she was younger, which reminds me of the cover art, but it makes me think this book is like a Secret Pony type book I read when I was younger.  It would be beneficial if it was updated to something else to entice the teenagers to grab it and take a peek - like a sexy man with his shirt off riding a horse... wait those are my Grandma's books.  ;)  OK I have it! An Abercrombie  or Hollister model ( Sorry, I love their clothes and wish I could have been paid to plug them here) in Polo gear in the background with a petite girl (like MYSELF) in the foreground standing on the paddock fence.  I officially call all rights to this cover if it is ever made.. including the model, clothing, and horse.  

At first  I thought it was kind of weird for a love story, but as I learned who the characters were and their individual stories I realized this is definitely made for TV.  Yes, I am so excited they are thinking about making this into a T.V. show - YES! I would more than likely tune in every night it was on and follow the plot line like I did in this book.  Go teen romances! Make us believe in true love! 

TOP SECRET:  
You should be aware that you need to get this book before March 31st - it will cost more!   
If you can't see my link go to: http://www.mgarzon.ca/buy.html

Teacher words: 
Plot: Events that make up a story, like a ladder - each rung builds to the next!
Censorship: ALA says it is "The removal of material from open access by government authority."
Character Development: Change in a character over time

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson..  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...