Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What do your cabinets look like?

On our Pinterest account we have a board called My Organized Style.  It honestly reflects me completely to the core.  

When I taught I had organization for EVERYTHING.  Now that I am home most of the time I have gone a little disorganized crazy.  My first victim was the kitchen.  I wish I had before pictures, but I do not.  I was not thinking straight at the time - just pulling everything out, sorting, and tossing away.  

The worst was finding cereal from 2010 and a can of something that expired in 2009.  Everyone in the house was like wow that's a long time ago - really gross! But below is what the new, clean can pantry looks like! 

The next thing was out Tupperware cabinet.  Holy Wozer is there a lot of that [REMEMBER kids, A Lot is A LOT of words :) ] Sorry, had to do it.  The cabinet was packed and you had to dig - I mean DIG- for the lids that matched.  This is an after picture :)

Ah, the corner shove all cabinet.  Who has those? We all secretly do! I pulled every item out and checked the dates (found old unopened cereal) and sorted.  I should mention I was at Tanger Outlets earlier in the day to get some new dress pants and bought some storage containers.  Sometimes it just works out that way! One thing I made sure to do was label GF flour so we do not mix the regular and this one!  Yikes that would be horrible with bad belly aches and intestine aches!

Do you keep your Walmart bags for other uses?  So do we, but we had approximately 400 - no lie! Yes we downsized to less than that and moved them to the closet by the potty.  This made the cabinet turn into one that holds our food for the upcoming weeks recipes.  Yes, it makes it easier! 

Soon we will be making a trip out to Windy Hill Hardwoods in Ohio.  I know this is a task some people would rather not do, but I am super excited!  We are going to be putting in a kitchen in the basement!  I'll post more about this one later :) 

What do your cabinets look like? How do you organize in them? Let us know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...