Tuesday, October 23, 2012

{2012 Holiday Gift Guide} Kisspat Hair Color Chalk


One time in fourth grade, my friend and I decided that we wanted to dye our hair blue.  We went to a the store and bought this temporay blue hair dye that was kind of like a paste.  We stunk into her bathroom and began to dye our hair.  I remember looking in the mirror and thinking two things.  One was that my hair looked horrible.  It turned into weird blackish blue color and was obvious that it didn't turn out the way it should have.  My friend had blonde hair and her hair turned green.  The second thing I was thinking was that my mother was going to kill me.  We sat in her bathroom until it was time for me to go home.  As I walked into my house, I saw my mom's face.  She was not happy!  I had to wash my hair five times that night to get it out and ever since have stayed away from temporary hair color.  When I got the chance to try Kisspat's Hair Color Chalk, I was a little nervous about trying it.  But like so many other things from the 90's, I knew it had to better than what I used before.  

The hair chalk feels way different than sidewalk chalk.  I was expecting this to be really messy to do but it really wasn't!  The chalk doesn't rub off on your hand as you are using it.  The chalks are used on damp hair so the only place the chalk sticks is on something wet.  I used the chalk on my hair before trying it on my daughter to make sure it really was easy to put on.  My hair is really dark brown so some of the colors didn't show up as well as I would have liked them to.  But the colors that I really like(pink, purple, and blue) all showed up relatively well.  Now my daughter has red hair and all the colors showed up well in her hair.  She was amazed as soon as she saw the results!  I really loved that the color easily washed out!  I didn't have any problems with the chalk staining my clothes or pillowcase but I would suggest not wearing your favorite sweater when rocking the hair chalk look.  This is great for dress up, Halloween or even just a fun night out.  


Now this would be the point where I would normally show you how the hair chalked looked in our hair.  But alas, I am waiting(not so patiently) on a new phone battery.  All of my pictures of our great hair do's are on there.  But as soon as I get my battery, I will update this post with our pictures!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...