Saturday, May 14, 2016

Ice pack! Peas or something else... 🤔

Ever since I was younger my parents would say "Put the bag of peas on it" when we needed an ice pack in my house.  That bag of peas in our freezer saw many injuries, from the basic handprint of a sibiling "just joking" to the baseball smashing into the face that was "accidentally" thrown perfectly to the forehead area.  Let's not talk about that... 

Flash forward to today and as I'm looking in my freezer I realize I don't have peas! Crap! I had frozen cauliflower and it didn't really conform like I wanted.  I tried my Little Green Giant Steamers Sweet Corn... Seemed like it would be easy to mold on whatever area it needed iced. 

Well, this is for my dog.  He hurt his knee, this has to be the 129th time, so off to the vet we go.  It turns out he partially tore his LCL when he was young but t was not enough to warrant surgery. His x-Ray also showed he is arthritic in his right hip and the vet did a demonstration with his hands to show me the hip socket and how it moves.  They also told me my dog needs to lose weight, 10-20 pounds to be exact! He only eats 2 cups of dog food a day so I was instantly thinking well I'm starving him now and he is going to be so P.O. when he doesn't get his morning treat for pooping and peeing...Geeze...

As a self proclaimed expert and coinssoiur of food ice packs, I thought the corn would have been a great idea.  It smelled yummy and was so interested in the smell that he just wanted to lick the cheese cloth towel I wrapped it in and my room smelled like dinner sides.  Hm...

Homemade ice pack to the rescue! I put 3 things of water to 1 giant pour of rubbing alcohol.  I actually asked hubbys dad if we had any alcohol and he said only the drinking kind- hahaha!  I put it in a sliding ziplock bag and then doubled that bag just in case it had a hole.  Supposedly it will not freeze and just get really cold, so we shall see when it is done "freezing" and put on my dogs knee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...