Monday, March 26, 2012

4in Ceramic Diaper Keepsake ~Review~


There are so many companies in the world that wear snazzy shoes and stomp on our society.  However, Baby Chix is a company that hits close to home (or my classroom) and wears the work books to reconstruct! 


When I was first contact by the company I honestly just thought they sold supplies for babies -gifts and baby showers.  When I saw the tag line of helping foster kids I knew I had to learn more about this company.  I watched the companies website and the discussions online regarding the company before I wanted to make a actual post on them.  While I was a Special Education teacher I saw and taught students who were fully integrated in the foster care system.  I admit, some had wonderful parents, but certain companies that would place the students could have chosen better. 

If I knew of Baby Chix while I was teaching my secondary education (High School) students I would have contacted the company, tried to get a representative to talk to us, and even discuss options that we could do for students in my area.  Baby Chix offers 20% of each sale to go directly into the One Change At A Time Scholorship Foundation! That is honestly wonderful - especially when I know what the children have been through and assisting them with college applications.  Many students have told me "I can't go to school because my foster parents said they won't help and I have no money whatsoever!"  I know there are scholorships and grants available, but with all the budget cuts those are starting to become a thing of fairy tales.  Yes I said it... Fairy Tales :)  

Because I love researching and digging deeper, I thought this statistic would shock quite a few of you reading this post.  
Estimates suggest that only 7 to 13 percent of students from foster care enroll in higher education. Casey Family Programs completed a study that found only about 2 percent of young people from foster care obtained bachelor’s degrees, in contrast to 24 percent of adults in the general adult population. (Casey.org)

 Want to help improve those odds?


I have the 4 inch  teeny keepsake ceramic diaper, which is absolutely adorable.  It retails for $5.00, which means $1.00 is given to the scholarship.  Personally, I love the concept of the foundation and think it is a great idea :)    You can use the teeny diaper in so many ways - at a baby shower for favors with candies or Q-Tips inside, stick it with your gift and put diaper ointment in it with a few wipes or cotton balls,   or even at the shower itself with peanuts or whatever the mama is craving at the time ;)  In B's case it was Honey Buns and they would have been devoured before they made it through the door or out of the store - what are best friends for besides telling funny stories about one another :)

I would love it if you took the opportunity yourselves to look into this company.  They have a great website with easy ordering - www.babychix.com -  and many additional products!  As with any company, one way to watch for sales or other notices are through Facebook and Twitter

Feel free to learn more about Baby Chix or to help kids in foster care by visiting their website!  www.babychix.com

How do you feel about the foster system?  

If you want to know more about the foster system or how it REALLY is for students/children, just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...