Thursday, July 12, 2012

We are trying to become a "green" family!

After going through a six pack of paper towels in a week and a half, I am fed up!  We are going to try to go green!  I am going to start using only cloth paper towels now and I have already been using natural, homemade cleaning products for about six months now. But I want to become even more eco-friendly.  I just have no idea where to start! I am lost! We already do the following:

  1. We unplug everything that we are not using.  I am always driving my husband crazy by unplugging all his gadgets when he's not looking!
  2. Although we don't use reusable bags, we do reuse all our plastic places for "doggie duty" when walking our dogs in town.
  3. We pay most of our bills online.  
  4. We have a small garden.  It's not all big as we would like but we are renting right now and don't want to tear up their yard.  Oh yeah, there's also that dead body in the backyard. (No seriously, there's someone buried in our backyard.)
  5. I make all of our cleaning products.  It's so much cheaper than buying them and they work the same!
Does anyone have any tips?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...