Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chicken Chili!

With the freeze warnings and cold mornings, it is a wonder how anyone can  get out of bed!  We both like to cook, often from scratch.  We both come from grandmas that did everything from scratch, on Italian and one  Polish.   VERY different cooking tastes, but the same basics!  Once the weather begins to get cold it is always soup and chili weather. 

I call this Chicken Chili.  Usually I would put it into a pot and cook it all day, checking up on it  and stirring it.  But I decided to use a slow cooker because I have a TON of laundry to do. I usually have more stuff to add to our chili, but there is no way I am venturing outside on this chilly (: ha ha :) day! 

After looking through the cabinets I realized we had 3 cans of beans, about 6 cans of diced tomatoes, many cans of actual soup, and a lot of sauces.  I buy sauce like I buy shoes - if it looks good I'm trying it!

So I found the 2 cans of beans I could use, Great Northern and Kidney (the 3rd was Green Beans).  Big surprise, I had lots of diced tomatoes to choose from!  To create the 'sauce' I added Tomato Sauce and 1/2 can of water to create the cooking base.  

Add whatever spices you want!  I had Paprika, Basil, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, and of course Garlic Salt.  Yum!  I had left over chicken from the last nice day to cookout and chopped it into tiny cubes and dropped it in.  I basically just dumped what I felt like eating until it smelled good - :)  Right before you are finished simmering it in the slow cooker (3-6 hours), add some Buffalo or Hot Sauce to this!  Yummy!   PS.  Did you know this is Gluten-Free!?

I was going to call this Chicken Dump, but realized it may sound disgusting.  (:  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...