Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wedding Gowns = ?

A common question I have been asked is if I found a dress yet and it is always difficult when I answer! I found two dresses that I absolutely loved.   They are complete opposite of each other, one being a mermaid and the other being a ballgown.  What to do, what to do...  As with any decision I have to make I always number my choices and then say pick 1 or 2, flip a coin, or do a poll.  Yes, very scientific I know! In this case I asked my friends, some telling me which one they liked or either saying both gowns look great.  Geesh, could this have been any easier?  Nothing with me is...

I asked the simple question, posted some pictures, and decided to let complete strangers on a wedding board tell me the honest truth.  They have no idea who I am and I knew their opinions were based strictly on which one fit my body type more and which one I (vainly) looked better in.  I would have thought the ladies were going to say things like, "Ew, you look gross in this one; U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi; Get a haircut you hippie!"  The last line about a hippie was just something I made up, but I would have loved to have seen it.  (:  

Because I'm a teacher  my logical thinking order blossomed into a "teachable moment" because I knew I liked both dresses ... ask several places, add them up, do some math, present it as a lesson, give bonus points if someone figured out the ratios, and wa-lah decision is made.  At least for now.... 

Step 1: Add up all the opinions of complete strangers and my friends
Step 2: Write it on paper using a tally system
Step 3: Re-write it on a white board because it always looks better - in red
Step 4: Add all the tally marks up and check my work
Step 5: Do some math! Create ratios using total amount of opinions for each dress and total opinions all together. (:
Step 6: Percentages are just another step to reaffirm a decision. Check work from start to finish again.

 33% to 67%  Pretty sure there is a clear decision! 

Do you want to know which dress I picked? 
Well I think I'm going to keep it a secret, even to my bridesmaids!
  PS.  When Britt and my friends read this (Britt especially) they will text, reply to this post and then wonder which one for the next year!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...