Sunday, December 21, 2014
Wow! I took a pinterest idea and created it! Sometimes they are flips, but this was beautiful even during the daytime.
1) grab some lights. I only has extra icicle lights!
2) find your extra bulbs! I ran to Big Lots (50% at the moment yay) and bought the ones I used! We just got married...of course we have all kinds of extra bulbs -- honestly it is just extra crockpots :)
3) shove them all in the glass! The container was actually from our wedding ♡♡
4) you are so creative and talented. Good job!
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
One of my favorite things about crafts is glitter. I knew without a doubt I would have a lot of it at my wedding. Today I made a few of my vases! It is about 19 degrees out and still snowing! SNOW DAY!
Check out the picture below on how to make them! Be sure to pin it too!
Monday, January 6, 2014
"As an engaged bride-to-be, I understand what it is like to try to find beautiful items for myself and my wedding without spending a fortune. I create all of my jewelry to be affordable so everyone can enjoy it."
- Favorite type of jewelry to make: Stamped jewelry. It is so cathartic to be able to come home after a long day and be able to sit down with a hammer and make something beautiful. There is something special about being able to put so much of myself into a piece of jewelry. I literally start with a piece of metal and, by the time I'm done stamping, oxidizing, and polishing, I have made that piece of metal into a work of art. And each piece is different. There will never be two that are exactly the same.
- Getting started: I have always been a creative person. My mom is a professional photographer so I guess it runs in the family. I've tried every type of craft out there, from sewing to scrap booking to pottery. I always really enjoyed making jewelry. I officially started doing stamped jewelry about a year ago when went to buy a piece myself and all I could find was sterling silver. I knew that if I didn't want to pay that much, other people didn't want to as well. So I set out to start making affordable versions myself and fell in love with it. I played with several metals until I came upon aluminum and I've never looked back. I prefer it over sterling any day and it really makes it affordable so everyone can enjoy stamped jewelry.
- College: I actually haven't graduated yet! I will be finishing up the last of my pre-med/human biology degree next year. I had planned on going directly to PA (physician assistant) school after graduation but now I'm holding off indefinitely on that so I can continue with my jewelry. I have found something I really enjoy doing with the jewelry and I can see myself doing it for years to come.
Ann may give you something extra special at Always There Designs if you mention that SAHM&TW(2b) sent you!
I saw this cute saying and decided to do this. This gift can be used for many occasions. How wonderful!
Bread so you'll never go hungry.
Candles so you'll always have light through the darkest times.
Honey so you'll always enjoy the sweetness of life.
Olive Oil so you will be blessed with health and well-being.
Salt so there will always be flavor and spice in your life.
Wine so you will always have joy and never go thirsty.
Include some of my favorite things (send it my way please!) - Italian bread, Yankee Candle, Organic Honey, Italian Olive Oil, Sea Salt, and Barefoot Moscato wine! Put it into a big basket with a hand towel that will be used in the kitchen. Everything will be used one way or another!
Thursday, December 26, 2013
8. Groom's suit
9. Groomsmen suits
14. Work out ...er... stay the same weight/measurements
15. Get dress altered
16. Register for gifts
17. Save the dates
18. Bachelorette Party
19. Bachelor Party
21. Guest List
23. Candy/Smores/Cookie Bar
25. Hotel rooms
27. OMG who knows what else.... geesh...
Sunday, October 13, 2013
|Hello Save The Date/Christmas Card!|
Tuesday, July 2, 2013
There are 3 photographers that I like ....
1. Jessica Fike Photography
2. McMillen Photography
So here is the breakdown
Jessica Fike Photography- $2,650 Love the use of so much color! Very vivid :) BUT it is only for 8 hours .. is that enough time to capture it all?
-1 shooter, +500 for second
-8 hrs coverage, print rights
-100 engagement, 800 wedding photos
McMillen Photography - $2,900 - Hometown photographer and stays the entire time! Most of my friends had him do their weddings, but they are not as colorful as I'd like!
JNB-Photo- $2,000 - Husband/Wife team, just did one of my friends weddings. Great pictures, especially creative ones of the bride. They also stay the entire time and know the typical SWPA things we want captured.
-2 shooters, no time limit
-5-600 photos, print rights
-Proof Book of all images
-Memory Vault of pictures
So basically I have to choose between bright, vivid colors from JFike, Amazing package deal from McMillen, or a creative Hubby/Wife team.
Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Saturday, June 22, 2013
Founded in the year 2008 in Athens, Ohio, JazzyWear is an online shoe boutique that features stylish flats, pumps and boots for women. All shoes are offered in audacious colors and styles!
If any of you are living in the Cali area, please pay attention: JazzyWear does SHOE PARTIES! Yes, you heard me correctly- no more candle/food/31/etc parties. This is amazing ... now if we only lived on the West Coast. E-mail Jazzy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on how to do this!
We picked this super cute pair of sandals to review. They are called the Mini Turquoise Hawaiian Sandal and were a hit. For those of you who have been following the blog my wedding colors have changed just like the weather in this town - from one extreme to another. Finally it has been decided that it is going to be navy, shades of pinks and gold/silver- sometimes you have to Pinterest hours to figure it out. Anyway, the blues fit perfectly with what I wanted.
To begin with they were delivered fast! I loved the little paper they were wrapped in when delivered - kind of like a surprise present inside that little box!
Another thing I loved is there are matching adult/children shoes! I can just imagine the cute pictures that can be done with bridesmaids and flower girls during the reception. Everyone kicks their heels off for flips (besides me because I am short) during the reception, so they should look cute while dancing the night away! Plus, they are a steal - $12/$15.
If you are looking for a unique pair of sandals or heels, check out her site. But more importantly ... they make great presents!
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
A few of you asked how I created this pretty mason jar that I plan on using in my wedding, as well as others! I did a few wine bottles in different gold and gold/glitter colors and decided I was going to try it on some mason jars. I know there are probably easier ways to do this, but all I did was get a big glass of my favorite drink and spray paint away. This is MANDATORY! Optional is 90's Rap on Pandora - never gets old. :)
Just a tip - go to your discount thrift stores because they can usually be found there! Or if you want to be extra thrifty just use your spaghetti/pickle/salsa jars! As for the spray paint, well I just thought it was a great color! As an added bonus engine enamel can get to a higher temp. if I decided to put a candle inside too!
1. Wash and dry your jars!
2. Go outside on a nice day that has no chance of rain - it dries faster!
3. I did not mind getting a little paint on me (Acetone takes it off BTW) so I stuck my hand in the jar and did a light coat around it a few times (probably 3 times).
4. I then let it dry a little by sitting it on an old garbage can from my college dorm room - yeah, it was from a little while ago !
5. The easiest way I found to spray the Mason Jars was to just walk in a circle and make your way up the jar - creates the even coat you want without having "clops" of it!
Monday, June 17, 2013
Why are weddings so expensive?! We are looking to buy a house and planning a wedding so it is so difficult to find a great place that we can afford to get married!
We liked 3 places, all different locations and looks.
Location 1- old hotel with gold everywhere. Problem is that in pics I looked at the lights showed in every picture as a bright blob, the hotel is nice but distinctly old looking, and it has to be in July. :( Price is $23, 940 George Washington Hotel at WashPa
Location 2- newer hotel that is huge! Problem is it would be on my future hubbys bday, almost $30k. But she woyld throw in at least 70 $ extras per person for free if we do his birthday date! Price is $28, 224 Waterfront Place Hotel at Morgantown
Location 3- pretty party room and a hotel! Problem is I'm not sure where we can get pretty pics to pose for our photographer. Price is $20, 480. Hilton Garden Inn At Southpointe
Which would you go with?
Thursday, June 6, 2013
I was at my Grandparents yesterday and my Grandad (he is just so smart) said you two like to travel, go somewhere and get married. How am I supposed to argue with that? Oh yeah, I'd rather not take my Granddad/Nana/HubbsNan out of the country. Boo!
So I then looked into All-Inclusive's in the USA. WOW Expensive! Just for 2 people it is about 3k. You are still in the USA so why is it so much?! We can go to Mexico to an amazing resort like the Riu for that much. Ugh... so angry with the pricing of stuff..
Monday, June 3, 2013
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Birthday, Engagement, Wedding, and Graduation Cards to name a few!
For a limited time you can get free shipping on their gifts - mugs, calendars, etc. Go try it out :)
-Mandatory: Visit Treat.com and comment with your favorite card name and who you would send it to
-Like SAHM&TW on FB
-Follow @SAHMandTW on Twitter
-Comment about the weather or your life 1x/day for extra chances!
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Step 1: Add up all the opinions of complete strangers and my friends
Step 2: Write it on paper using a tally system
Step 3: Re-write it on a white board because it always looks better - in red
Step 4: Add all the tally marks up and check my work
Step 5: Do some math! Create ratios using total amount of opinions for each dress and total opinions all together. (:
Step 6: Percentages are just another step to reaffirm a decision. Check work from start to finish again.
Sunday, March 24, 2013
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Sunday, March 3, 2013
Some of the companies I received invites (for free with codes) from include:
- Wedding Paper Divas
- Invitations by Dawn
- Magnet Street