Monday, January 6, 2014

Always There Designs~Review~

www.AlwaysThereDesigns.etsy.com

Interview with Ann, from Always There Designs
"As an engaged bride-to-be, I understand what it is like to try to find beautiful items for myself and my wedding without spending a fortune.  I create all of my jewelry to be affordable so everyone can enjoy it."
  • Favorite type of jewelry to make:  Stamped jewelry.  It is so cathartic to be able to come home after a long day and be able to sit down with a hammer and make something beautiful.  There is something special about being able to put so much of myself into a piece of jewelry.  I literally start with a piece of metal and, by the time I'm done stamping, oxidizing, and polishing, I have made that piece of metal into a work of art.  And each piece is different.  There will never be two that are exactly the same.
  • Getting started:  I have always been a creative person.  My mom is a professional photographer so I guess it runs in the family.  I've tried every type of craft out there, from sewing to scrap booking to pottery.  I always really enjoyed making jewelry.  I officially started doing stamped jewelry about a year ago when went to buy a piece myself and all I could find was sterling silver.  I knew that if I didn't want to pay that much, other people didn't want to as well.  So I set out to start making affordable versions myself and fell in love with it.  I played with several metals until I came upon aluminum and I've never looked back.  I prefer it over sterling any day and it really makes it affordable so everyone can enjoy stamped jewelry.
  • College:  I actually haven't graduated yet!  I will be finishing up the last of my pre-med/human biology degree next year.  I had planned on going directly to PA (physician assistant) school after graduation but now I'm holding off indefinitely on that so I can continue with my jewelry.  I have found something I really enjoy doing with the jewelry and I can see myself doing it for years to come.
---- 
When I received my necklace I was so excited that it was a pearl - I love pearls!  Ann was so nice to talk to and discuss options, which is important to many brides or brides-to-be! One reason I instantly was drawn to her shop was the prices.  As she stated in her interview, she knows what money is like when you are planning a wedding and trying to actually "save" some for when life really begins. Yes that is me in my cute necklace!  Love it!  She "hammer stamped" Bride and added a cute Swarovski pearl to it.  Lovely! She makes ones that say 'Engaged', but 'Bride' does last longer ;)

Ann may give you something extra special at  Always There Designs if you mention that SAHM&TW(2b) sent you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...