Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Teal Mason Jars!

'Ello! 

A few of you asked how I created this pretty mason jar that I plan on using in my wedding, as well as others!  I did a few wine bottles in different gold and gold/glitter colors and decided I was going to try it on some mason jars. I know there are probably easier ways to do this, but all I did was get a big glass of my favorite drink and spray paint away.  This is MANDATORY!  Optional is 90's Rap on Pandora - never gets old.  :)

Just a tip - go to your discount thrift stores because they can usually be found there! Or if you want to be extra thrifty just use your spaghetti/pickle/salsa jars! As for the spray paint, well I just thought it was a great color! As an added bonus engine enamel can get to a higher temp. if I decided to put a candle inside too!

1. Wash and dry your jars!
2. Go outside on a nice day that has no chance of rain - it dries faster!
3. I did not mind getting a little paint on me (Acetone takes it off BTW) so I stuck my hand in the jar and did a light coat around it a few times (probably 3 times).
4. I then let it dry a little by sitting it on an old garbage can from my college dorm room - yeah, it was from a little while ago !
5. The easiest way I found to spray the Mason Jars was to just walk in a circle and make your way up the jar - creates the even coat you want without having "clops" of it! 

Need help?  Just ask me below and I'm sure I can think of an answer!


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...