Monday, November 30, 2015

Casement windows!

Have you ever read the instruction manual for window installation? It is absolutely crazy! There are so many things you need to do that are not even in the manual - like taping the outside of the window, doing something with the house wrap, making sure stuff is plumb(level) a million times... Geesh.

One window is done! Yes just one... 😳. There were small 'dents' on the wood around the window that I discovered when we opened the box but I was told they will not do anything about them because they are not that 'noticeable' - thanks a lot Home Depot you have been absolutely amazing to deal with, not ... I hate you.  Besides that, the stain color is nice. If my windows were not putting us behind schedule from being delivered late (4+ weeks!!!) I would have fought and fought; it still makes me upset.  Even though I know there are those small imperfections the window looks great


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...