If you have not heard of this and you live in Greene County you are missing something amazing! BBR and I have many book reviews and giveaways on our blog, SAHM & TW(2b), but there is still that magic moment when you visit the library. I am not sure if I was a librarian in a past life, but I love going! Being from a smaller community gives us a privilege when visiting the library - they know you by name. I love that when I go because I can just browse all the books and find a random one that looks appealing. My Nana Zollars let me borrow The Help from her and I instantly wanted to find another book that was from the same era/setting. I did find one, it was called Saving CeeCee Honeycutt. I actually found it by walking the aisles of books and looking at the covers. I admit, I had to visit the Bowlby online card catalog to remember what the name was though - I read it last summer.
What is OverDrive?
It is a virtual library! I honestly was waiting for this to come out and am so exited the library started it! You need a library card, so if you are living in Greene and Washington County get to the library and get one - they are free. On OverDrive you can get books for all of your devices.
Mobile (supports EPUB eBooks & MP3 Audiobooks):
- iOS (iPhone®/iPad®/iPod touch®)
- Windows® Phone 7Computer:
- Windows (supports WMA & MP3 Audiobooks, Music, & Video)
- Mac® (supports MP3 Audiobooks)
In my cart now I have Hitler Youth, Messenger, and The Supernaturalist. I added quite a few to my wait list and and am anxiously waiting :) Getting the books is extremely easy too!
**Make sure you have your device plugged in before you open Adobe Digital Editions.
- Pick your books - you can get 5 out at a time!
- Check out - make sure you notice the time frame for lending, 7 or 14 days.
- Download page - Hit DL and save
- DL Adobe Digital Editions if needed
- Transfer to your reader!
- Open Adobe Digital Editions.
- Connect the eBook reader to your computer.
A link for your reader is displayed under 'Bookshelves'.
- Click on the Adobe eBook you want to transfer.
- Drag and drop the Adobe eBook to the link for your eBook reader under 'Bookshelves'. The eBook is transferred to your eBook reader.
- Disconnect the eBook reader.
|Eva K. Bowlby Library|
I actually won a Nook from the library Summer Reading "Novel Destinations" challenge. I love contests and reading so it was a win, win situation for me!
Remember to show some love to your local library! GC resident visit the links below for more info :)
Remember to check out the book giveaways to enter :)