Saturday, May 5, 2012

S&S Brand~Perfect for summer barbecues!

I am the cook that puts a little bit of every kind of seasoning on every thing I make.  What's the problem with this?  Everything ends up tasting the same and I don't know how to give anything a unique flavor.  Thank goodness for S&S Brand!  What is S&S?  Here is their story from their website:

It all began when a San Francisco Chef, who had roots in the south decided to bring real BBQ to the city. Spencer O'Meara knows his way around a smoker and when he started cookin' his meats low and slow he needed seasonings and sauces. He created 3 regional BBQ sauces and a BBQ rub that packed a punch to make his BBQ truly original. Customers at his restaurant loved his BBQ so much he decided he wanted to have a piece of it available to everyone. So along with his other half, Sarah Burchard, also a San Francisco Chef they created S&S brand. The couple currently boasts 4 BBQ sauces and 6 different spice rubs. They have grown the product line to include seasonings not only for BBQ but for all cuisines and are experimenting with new flavors every chance they get. S&S brand sauces and spice rubs provide depth of flavor to your meals BBQ or not. 

I had the pleasure of trying their BBQ Spice Rub and Poultry Rub.  Now I was planning on making ribs in the crock pot and wanted to use the BBQ Spice Rub.   I was a little worried about using it in the crock pot because I always use sauce so they don't dry out.  We were literally blow away when we tasted them.  So good!  I was planning on taking a picture of the finished product, but when I went to get the camera my husband couldn't wait and started eating without me.  I can always tell when he really, really likes something and he absolutely loved these.  I don't know if other people do this too but we have certain days we go to the grocery store.  The day before grocery day is always a random dinner day.  We had some chicken, orzo and veggies that I wanted to finish up.  I was afraid that it was going to be pretty bland but then I remember the Poultry Rub.  I had no idea what is in this rub but it's fantastic.  A perfect blend of herbs and spices and definitely not boring like other chicken rubs.

S&S not only carries other rubs(Fish, Jerk, Ranch, etc.) but also BBQ sauces and an All Purpose Brine.  The rubs come is 2 oz. tins, 1 pound bag and combo packs.

Now that you're hungry, need some of your own?  You can order on their website or find out more on their Facebook and Twitter pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...