Yellow Dog Sweet Shake- Blended with brown turbinado sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Red Dog Rub- Blended with mild and warm red peppers, parsley, garlic, other spices, and a hint of salt.
Black Dog Belly Rub- A peppery blend of seasonings.
Rowdy Kitty Rub- Blended with red, green and black peppercorns, garlic salt and herbs.
These rubs all pack a punch! You can really taste all the different flavors in each blend. I promise you that they would give any boring recipe a little added umph. Now to prove this, I used them in some standard, easy recipes all week long.
I added the Yellow Dog Sweet Shake to butter toast for my daughter. She's not a big eater but she ate the whole piece of toast(which is unheard of in our house). There's no recipe for this(duh) but it did make her toast extra special that day.
For the Black Dog Belly Rub, I used it as a replacement for my normal spices in my loose meat sandwiches. Loose meat sandwiches don't sound very good but they are! Here's my recipe:
Loose Meat Sandwiches
1 lb Ground Meat
1 onion, diced
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
Black Dog Belly Rub
1 tub of condensed beef stock(I use Knorr's)
1/2 cup of water
1. Add olive oil to pan and add onions. Saute a few minutes until they start to become see-through.
2. Add ground beef and brown. Drain.
3. Return beef and onion mixture to the pan and add a liberal shake of Black Dog Belly Rub.
4. Add water and beef stock. Mix and simmer.
5. Cook until water is almost gone.
6. Place beef mixture on rolls with cheese and any other condiments you find tasty!
Tonight I made roasted chicken breasts with potatoes and onions. I used the Red Dog Rub on the potatoes and onions and the Rowdy Kitty Rub on the chicken. This is a really easy, basic recipe. But it sure is tasty!
Baked Chicken with Potatoes and Onions
4 Chicken Breasts
3 potatoes, cut into bite sized chunks
1 medium onion, cut into fourths
Red Dog Rub
Rowdy Kitty Rub
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Add potatoes and onion to a bowl with just enough olive oil to coat them.
3. Toss with Red Dog Rub(I used a lot because I wanted a bold flavor).
4. Bake, covered, for an hour.
5. Sprinkle generously chicken with Rowdy Kitty Rub.
6. After taking pan out of the oven, top with the chicken breasts.
7. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
Super tasty and easy! We will be using our Mom's Gourmet spices all the time now. All their spices are only $8 and the bottle is twice the size of normal spices. It's a great deal! If you want more info about all the different varieties(there's 10), check out their website and Facebook page!