Friday, May 11, 2012

Try something new today!~Nueva Cocina~Review


On my recent quest for better tasting food, I stumbled across Nueva Cocina.  I wasn't quite sure exactly what Latin food was.  Luckily, Nueva Cocina has a wonderful glossary section for those wondering the same thing.  Latin food reminds me of vacation.  When we went to Costa Rica, I had no idea what half the items on the menu were.  But man was everything tasty!  So what makes Nueva Cocina so special?  

"Nueva Cocina is the new way to cook Latin™. This all-natural product line contains the premium ingredients needed in just one box to create flavorful recipes. With an assortment of 18 different soups, seasonings and rice mixes, the brand is a favorite of people who don’t eat gluten (16 of the 18 products are gluten-free and of vegetarians (14 of the 18 products are meatless). With Nueva Cocina, everyone can cook or simply enjoy Latin food."

Plus, everything is really great tasting!  I was lucky enough to try their Chipotle Taco Seasoning and Veggie Mix and Tortilla Soup with Cilantro.  We decided to make a meal out of both products one night.  I have honestly never had tortilla soup and was really eager to try it.  I was not expecting it to be so thick!  I even Googled it to make sure that I hadn't done anything wrong.  FYI, that would probably be impossible because it's basically heat and eat.  I wish I would have bought some chips or something to go on top.  Now the Chipotle Taco Seasoning and Veggie Mix was amazing.  My husband and I both preferred this to other taco seasonings.  I was a bit apprehensive when I read the directions and it said to stir in tomato sauce.  I thought that it would make it more like a sloppy joe than a taco.  I was completely wrong.  The seasoning mix transformed the tomato sauce into chipotle heaven.  I told my husband that the seasoning had to be way more expensive than traditional taco seasoning pouches.  It was only ten cents more(I checked).  I was blown away.   We are definitely making the switch!


Read all about them here:

1 comment:

  1. They both sound super delicious and I really want to try them! I'm constantly using taco seasoning and I have the perfect dish for it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...