Monday, June 18, 2012

Why I hate vacation..


Let me rephrase that; Why I hate coming home from vacation.  I just came home from our annual family beach trip with my mother and siblings.  It was a great time and little Boo had an amazing trip.  We swam, built sandcastles, flew a kite and even saw a sea turtle swim into the water.  It was probably the best beach trip we have been on as a family.  The bad part? Coming home!  Reasons I hate coming home:


  1. Unpacking.  Is this clean or dirty?  Everything smells like sunblock so you end up washing everything anyway.  Did I really need to bring every hair care product I own? How did sand end up on every single thing I brought?
  2. Cleaning the house.  My husband absolutely despises the beach so he never goes with us.  I know, who hates the beach that much? Robbie, that's who.  What does he love? Apparently making a huge mess!  I came home after being assured that he cleaned. To give him credit, the house did look clean.  Well maybe if you closed one eye and spun around until you were extremely dizzy.  Anyway, I have spent all morning cleaning and there is still so more much to do.
  3. Boo misses everyone.  After spending the week with my whole family, she really misses everyone when we go home.  The week after we come home is always a really hard week for her.  It must be difficult for a two year old to understand why her beloved MeMaw isn't with her.
  4. Going to the grocery store.  You leave with a kitchen filled of food.  You come how to nothing but a half loaf of bread and some tea bags.  No meat, no snacks, no drinks.  How did he manage to eat two jars of peanut butter?!
But I guess that this makes it worth it....


3 comments:

  1. :) Rista thinks she had tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your hubby needs a baby sitter! Either that, or he needs to go with you and realize how much fun the beach is

    ReplyDelete
  3. she asked about you all week trista

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...