Sunday, February 17, 2013

Dark Seeker

Dark Seeker 
Taryn Browning
Synopsis: She's the Seeker. He's the hunted. What's at stake could kill them both...  For 17-year-old Seeker, Janie Grey, ridding the Baltimore streets of the undead is an inherited duty passed down from her Cherokee ancestors. Seeker Training Lesson #1: Never trust the undead. After her father’s tragic death, Janie creates her own life lesson: Love isn’t worth the risk. Both lessons are easy to follow until she encounters the flawed Kai Sterdam. At first, she believes he is the hybrid she is trained to hunt. But, when he has human traits, she determines she doesn’t know what he is. As Janie’s intrigue over who Kai is pushes her deeper into his mysterious past, she discovers a shocking truth that is even more harrowing than the evil they are up against. It’s a secret Kai wants to keep hidden, especially from Janie.
-----
If you do not know by now, B and I love to read books. Our favorites include ones in a series! I get sucked into the characters lives and want to know more about them, what makes them think, and wonder if my prediction will prove to be true.   

First thing is first - who ever states YA books are just for Young Adults then you are not appreciating literature. It may be the teacher in me, but I want to point out this author writes with such description it seems I am right along side Janie.  

After finished the enter series of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, I  was more than happy to read this book.  Although it is not the same series, setting, or characters I feel the authors styles are similar.  This is a big applause to Taryn Browing because that series was on the NY Best Sellers!  I often recommend books to my friends that they may like, but this is one of the top ones on the list.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...