Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Childrens Drawing DVD


In July 2012, Steps4Kids released its Steps4Kids to Draw DVD with approximately 90 minutes of video modeling to help emerging artists learn how to draw shapes, animals, people and things.    For children learning to draw shapes, the "Shapes" section shows how to draw a circle, square, triangle, rhombus/diamond, heart, cube and star.  Each shape uses colored graphics to help children learn to identify the shapes as well!  

For more advanced artists, the Steps4Kids drawing DVD shows how to draw animals that you may find on a farm, in the house, in the water or at the zoo! (20 total)  The "People" track shows how to draw 5 faces, introduces "profiles" and demonstrates how to draw basic clothing.  The "Things" track shows how to draw a bike, car, flowers and more!    Each section (Animals, People, Shapes and Things) has "all play" features that enable viewers to play multiple demonstrations at once but also enables viewers to select each item individually to practice their favorite items!

Let me tell you that B and I play DrawSomething everyday.  I draw like a kid, with stick figures and all.  Don't get me wrong because I love the simplicity of stick figures, it shows I am not an artist - that gene from my dad went straight to my brother.  Steps$Kids drawing DVD is pretty neat!  I know it is for children and it was a hit in this household.  To be honest I can now draw more than 40 things better than I could before watching this DVD  :) 

I know of this company because it has many education DVDs out for cursive writing, beginning writing, and multiplication.  They have won many awards for their DVDs and this one is on of the same.  It was recently named "DVD of the YEAR" (CreativeChild Magazine, Art Category).  Plus, with so many parents looking for stuff made within the US, this is - San Diego, California to be exact!  It sells around $24.99, which is a good price considering it is 1.5 hours long!  

To get discount codes and all the great stuff we want, check out their FB page :) 

The teacher in me wanted to point out that on their website they have printable worksheets, FREE!   The ones that could be used with the DVD are the Story Worksheets.  It has a box at the top to draw in and room at the bottom (lined) to write a story to accompany it!  I love it!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...