Monday, October 1, 2012

For the birds...

I am a Pinterst addict.  I was beyond excited when Google Play Store finally got the app, now I'm getting an iPhone and will have to learn how to use it all over again!   Ahh!

I found this on my homepage from one of our followers, a good friend of ours who rode the bus with us for 10+ school years and was in my little brothers grade.  It is called "10 habits for a well-run home."

Hold the bus!  There are actually well ran homes?  Lets look at the 'helpful hints' they gave us and see how well we fare!

1. Wake up early
2.Go to bed earlier
3. Evening Preperations
4. Institute meal planning
5. Do 1 complete load of laundry a day
6. Finish dishes before bed
7. A place for everything, everything in place
8. 5 min. bathroom cleaning per day
9. Bedtime routine
10. Do not say yes to new requests

For day to day actions, I failed miserably.  Being an overachiever naturally, I laughed hysterically when I read the article and told myself they were trying to make us strive to be the perfect housewife and mother.  Who finds time to do all of this?  Although they are great ideas and if used correctly would make life easier, they left out big aspects of every day life!  What about play time with your children or animals?  Teaching socialization skills and active play are a big part of molding a child.  When I was in HS I remember my mom doing many of these, but life is chaos and will always remain so. Also, waking up early is for the birds :)

If life was not filled with chaos I  would not know what to do!


1 comment:

  1. When my Gram died I went through all her books. One was all about being the perfect wife. It had to be from the 40's. Even if I had time to prepare a five course meal for Robbie every night, I probably wouldn't do it. haha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...